Empire Greenhouse is situated in the Northern part of the Royal Garden, and it is adjoined to the original Renaissance wall. It was built around 1820 and it was originally called the “Zwinger” due to the similarity with Zwinger Castle in Dresden (Germany). The second greenhouse was added in the 2nd half of the 19th century, which was extended after World War II all the way to the Lion’s Court. The Empire Greenhouse was restored completely and now it serves the original purposes again. It was first opened to the public in 2013 on the occasion of the exhibition called Early Spring in the Royal Garden. Since then, this exhibition is held every year and there are thousands of visitors.